19 October, 2009

Finn's birthday


Finn's birthday came SO fast and I can't believe it has already been almost a month since that special day! We have been super busy with too many things going on so I finally get to write about it tonight! I had decided that since I do love birthdays {as we all know} that I would invite some girls over that had babies around Finn's age...some older, some younger. Amazingly, all these girls are such awesome people and some of my dearest friends! We feasted on lots of different salads {I always make too much!}

and then I had made some Pots De Creme for dessert {still on the lookout for an awesome recipe}.

Lots of chatting, lots of laughing, and plenty of eating makes for a great lunch by the way :)


Later in the day we opened up more gifts. He was VERY blessed with some boy toys that even Adam was grateful for! He even said "ball" today when Adam held up one of his soccer balls. As I went to put him down tonight, he squirmed and shimmied calling out "ball, ball!" Needless to say, he was extremely happy when I gave up cuddling and went to get the balls {he did manage to go down after about 15 more minutes of playing with the balls}.
My mom and dad ended up coming for the cake eating and Finn was able to open up their gift of a train with little people. He loves the music and usually ends up watching the girls drag the train around the room {I think they love his new toys just as much since their toys got packed away...long story!} I knew the day would come, and here it has gone, and I still look at my little dude in disbelief of HOW FAST HIS YEAR went by. Every milestone has been excited and almost heartbreaking as well. I am so glad we have such a healthy, happy, full of character, silly little boy. He brings us so much joy!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

so cute. you're such a pretty mommy!

The Alts Family said...

That party was SO much fun! That's such a cute pic with all the mommies and their kids. You're the cutest mom ever.

Josh and Megan said...

Whoa...thanks for the close up! ha ha! Sav and I had so much fun at Finn's B-day lunch! This year has flown by way too fast...let's enjoy next year more with more lunches! Happy B-day Finn...what a fun day you had!