08 April, 2010

Hoppin' down the bunny trail...

Wow! I can't believe how fast Easter has come and gone. I seriously LOVE this time of year. I can't help but think "We made it!" which of course sounds so wimpy of my character considering we were able to escape the worst of winter for 7 weeks in major sun. BUT, I still love this time of year...something about the fresh air, a clean start, new growth.
This year was no exception to the love I felt. My Grandpa passsed away on Easter Sunday. Completely surrounded by his amazing wife, children, a few grandchildren, and even great-granchildren. I was able to feel this amazing love my family has for one another. I cherish the last moments together and still get a lump in my throat for the gratitude I feel for allowing me to be a part of those spiritual moments. I know I will see my Grandpa again, thank goodness for the gospel and the knowledge it grants me. And although his passing is sad from an earthly prospective, it has given me a sense of security. And Easter Sunday is just TOO perfect...he is going to be an amazing angel! This photo was taken by my Aunt Debbie atthe hospital...and I truly love it!

After we got back home from the hospital my Dad was amazing to hide the beautiful Easter eggs with the kiddos in the house. They were SO happy and I really appreciated him taking the time to make it special for them as well. These pics are from our egg dying session on the previous night. To be honest, I have the hardest time sacrificing eggs for the girls to color. It is seriously one of my favorite activites and I want to hoard them all for myself!!! I love the delight in their faces more I guess though...it makes it all worth it!

I kept Finn busy with a small bowl of ice cream. He was happier than ever!




And of course a few pictures from Easter morn...I think Finn was into the chocolate before anybody else!!!


No comments: