Just a quick update to say.....
I've been busy harvesting for our winter! We sure love peaches around here and I've been busy putting them up for our winter....although I'm not sure they will last all winter. { You see, we just had to eat the left hand jar up there in the photo...I guess there was a sneaky air bubble I didnt catch! I was happy to fix the problem though!} Luckily Adam just brought home another box so hopefully I can get another couple of hours to put them up as well. I also thought I'd try some jars of pears. I bought them from a little old lady that grows them and she said they slowly ripen. What isnt eaten right away will be put up for later as they become softer and juicier. And then, Janell and I spent some time in the kitchen last week finishing her peaches and we also canned some peach butter. It looks like we are going to be using it on our vanilla bean ice cream and waffles here any day {SOOOON please!} Ahhh...I love being somewhat domestic!
17 September, 2010
Peaches
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I lived close by so I could join in on the FUN!
What the heck, Kacy!?! Those pears are beautiful. I canned pears last year, and they were brown before their bath was done. Maybe I should stop trying to do such domestic things. Some of us are just more cut out for it than others... :)
Post a Comment