19 March, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's!

Sydney wanted to ask the leprechaun some questions.
A friend at school told her that Leprechauns almost always do the opposite of what you want them to do. "I don't want to catch you" turns into the leprechaun letting you catch him I guess. I love this:

Holidays plus kids is always, ALWAYS fun...
They weren't able to catch the sneaky fella (Patty O'Mally is his name) but he did manage to lead them on a treasure hunt through the house. Sydney said she was so excited to see if she caught him that she woke up at 6:00 to check the trap. Once she saw the treasure hunt she woke up Kirra to work together. Her flashlight woke me up, which made me wake up Adam to keep us all safe from something in the house. I should have known better right? The hunt for all the bags of gold were hidden in some silly spots:
and they found every single one of them!
I particularly enjoy doing things for the kids, their reactions to it all just make it all worth it. Despite these all being "American" tricks, we get into it where we can. Any reason to party!
I made an American-Irish corned beef with cabbage and then we ate rainbow cupcakes:


Finn decided it best to wear his cupcake's frosting. The funny thing is that he had no idea it was there! Man I love kids :)


Where is Sydney you ask? She was at her cute friend Hope's Birthday party. Plus, when she ate her cupcake she decided she didn't like it and I didn't want a scrunchy face on the blog. Ha!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i've said it before....you're seriously the cutest mom ever! you do the most fun things for your kids! Can I be like you when I grow up? I love the rainbow cupcakes! Is that just like some serious food coloring / cake mix project or what?