The day before we were to fly back here to the states, we decided to head down to the Gold Coast one last time to indulge ourselves in the gorgeous day and the gorgeous beach. The waves were perfect for Adam to surf and the kiddies were happy just hanging out on the sand looking for jellies and venturing out into part of the waves (they were kind of dumping on top so the kids didn't go out as far as they normally do). It was perfect!




And then I suppose I had a "foreigners" moment. Australians are always joking that it is the visitors to the country that always end up needing the lifesavers. This was my "international incident": looks kinda lame right? I wished it was a really good story worth telling, Ha! I stubbed my toe at a terribly wrong angle on the bodyboard (tearing half of it out at the cuticle) and it ended up with me on the verge of fainting. Adam was out surfing and while I had the kids I knew I wasnt going to make it back to our beach spot without going out cold. I sat down, asked the girls to get the lifesavers (they were so brave in the moment!), and I stoppped a lady walking by. I was in the stage of seeing spots, going numb and my ears were ringing but that sweet lady kept Finn happy and waited right by my side until the lifesavers reached me. It was utterly embarrassing! I still have no idea why my body wanted to faint! Regardless, we all made it through and my toe is slowly healing. The lifesavers told me I needed to head over to the hospital and get it fixed but we went in the other direction and ate the most delicious "Grilld" hamburger ever. SOOOO much better than the hospital! It was a good choice :) And then to top it off we split a long finger donut that has been the best yet. Seriously good eats to top off a seriously embarrassing moment. Adam sure knows how to make a bad situation a good one for me! Thanks babe!
05 March, 2011
Our Last Beach day
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so crazy about your 'incident"! Once in high school I hit my funny bone on my car door in the parking lot and it made me completely pass out! I hit my head so hard on the concrete that it gave me a concusion. It was so embarassing. So I know how you feel.
Oh I've been waiting for this post and I'm totally disappointed that you didn't include a pic of your new dooley! At least the lifesavers are hot so that makes it worth it right!?
OH I love your stories!! You crack me up!
Post a Comment