28 September, 2012

1 month

One month old exactly.  Sweet, sweet babies are making me the happiest mama.  I haven't been taking many photos and I already feel like Ive missed an opportunity to capture their newness.  
I still think their crying faces are so darn cute!


Lauren, Eden


 Sweet Eden:


My favorite things are still their tiny baby bodies with those saggy legs that fold up on themselves.  I wrap them in their swaddling blankets and their bodies become these little compact bundles with a sleepy head peeking out.  They both love to be swaddled and I usually ask if they prefer to be a burrito, spring roll, or a cannoli :)

They both enjoy their baths for the most part (although Eden does not enjoy the dressing part).

They are both good nursers.  Lauren is definitely more vocal about when she is ready to eat and Eden usually ends up waiting patiently.  With the two surgeries I have had a hard time establishing a great milk supply so I do have to supplement with a bottle a little bit.  They both drink effortlessly though thank goodness!

The babies are still in "newborn" size clothing with 0-3 sizes being much to baggy on them. 

Another few things I never want to forget are how gentle and patient the older kids have been with the new changes and their new sisters.  Sydney has been incredibly helpful and is usually the first to ask if she can hold a baby or change a diaper.  When I ask her to help with the twins she rarely complains and I love hearing her baby talk to them.  Kirra is sweet as well.  She will help when asked and doesn't mind holding a crying baby for me.  She is very patient.  Her playing time is still important so as long as she is ready, she will hold a baby for a long time.  And Finn.  My little dude, is so loving and feels like the protector already.  I often have to tell him he is loving a bit too much when he gets in their faces.  He has tried several times to pick them up (!) but he asks a lot to hold them (and it lasts about a minute).  He is incredibly helpful when the girls are away at school and is the master of "binky duty" when I'm nursing one and can't get to the other.  

I feel so blessed to have these beautiful 5 children.  I know it sounds crazy but it mostly feels so natural to me.  It is crazy and full on a lot of the time but I love it.  My family brings me the ultimate joy.


No comments: