We had a great time and as you can see by the photos, we have some great memories too!
We all drove up (mom, dad, tamera and garren + family, Janell and Kevin + family, and heindorff family) on the 4th of July. We were stopped just outside the entrance due to a crash so 8 ambulances and 3 hours later they opened the roads. We got in, settled down and slept to prepare ourselves for all the siteseeing! We of course did the whole touristy sites and both Adam and I agree the waterfall "region" was our favorite. It is amazing! There is a place called "Artist's rock" and it honestly looks like a painting.
There is also a waterfall area you can hike down to. I think it was something like 238 steps down but descending 500 feet. You hike down to a landing where you can feel the cool waterfall and get some great photos.
Just to give you a (blurry) idea of the stairs we defeated! The kids did awesome hiking all of them back up. I think Kade, one of tam's twins, did the whole descent and the hike back up without stoppping!
We were lucky enought to spot a couple of bears, enormous elk and deer, many bison of course, and Adam and I spotted some female moose in the pasture. We also came across 2 wolves playing in a field of purple flowers which was such a treat! I had to take a photo of this hillarious Bison. He had the cutest face which made us all giggle as we drove by...I bet his mama thinks he's cute :)
Again, we had an awesome time. My girls loved hanging out with the cousins and I of course loved hanging out with all the adults. I always feel like there is never enough time to just talk! But we could talk forever if allowed! Oh, and whats camping without smores?
15 July, 2008
YELLOWSTONE!
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
5:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love the pics. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Kace...this looks like SO much fun. I wish we were there with you!:) I loved seeing that picture of your parents, it took me back. Miss you guys so much!
I love Yellowstone! I used to live in the Teton National park like 20 min outside of Yellowstone and we went there all the time. It is so beautiful. I am glad you guys had a good time. So when is this get together going to happen?
Post a Comment