25 August, 2008

The Inevitable....




Yes, it's true! I officially have a Kindergartner now. Part of me feels relieved that she is the beautiful person she is deep inside and I know she will be blessed with knowledge throughout her life. She wants it, she yearns for it. The other part of me, selfish mother I am, was feeling a bit lost today. What? No singing in the background, no tormenting her sister (with Kirra tormenting back), no begging for a popcicle or giggles in her bedroom? Such a change...and mind you, this was only for 3 hours! After sending my excited child on the BIG yellow school bus, I lost it! I felt the loss of control and knew I had to finally let her go. A few moments later, after composing myself, I knew she was going to be fine. Better than fine! She is going to be AMAZING!

7 comments:

LAURA and ELIZA said...

WHAT?! She is in kindergarten? KACY! She's so big! I remember when she wasn't even a yr old yet. oh man! Time flies! She looks adorable and I bet she wil have such a good time in school.

Deborah said...

I seriously can't believe how grown up she is. But she looks so happy and excited to be getting on that bus!

Becky said...

Wow, you have kids old enough to go to school. That is so crazy!! Good luck to Sydney :) PS The butterfly present is the coolest thing I've ever heard of!!

emily and Nate said...

Hi Kacy,
You have such a cute little family! My baby started school too and I felt the exact same way. We walk down to the bus stop for the first time today and off he'll go.
Emily

Holly said...

Yes, My birthday is July 27th. I would love to talk with you on the phone sometime to really catch up. My number is 505-327-9983. Dont you just love blogs, you can find almost anyone!

jessamyn said...

This is so sweet.
So, how did it go???

Michelle said...

what a cute post..you're such a cute mom! and she is adorable.