I loved that Valentine's day was on Sunday this year! I made the kids some sweet pink pancakes {with berries} and pink punch to drink! We also surprised them with those nice white-trash roses stuck inside the heart balloons. We thought they'd get a kick out of them since that is what naive parents do right? Well, within seconds Sydney had let out all the air and broke her flower while trying to get it out. Hmmmm...I think we will re-think for next year's Valentine's gift! They did enjoy the chocolates and Sydney sure enjoyed wearing Kirra's new gold necklace since she lost hers. It did turn out nice with an awesome family dinner complete with a valentine exchange.

Thanks Deborah for the unasked stolen photo..she is my sister so I am allowed to do that :)
ps. We did manage to find her necklace too :)
We took the kids to go ice skating last week for some fun...and it totally was. Minus one small bingle with my darling {she braved it and went out again though...laughing the whole time!} Sydney was fantastic too! I can't believe I didn't get any pics of her without the push helper thingy. She opted to go on her own about halfway through the adventure, and can't wait to go back. Finn and I hung out in the bleachers watching the girls from above and some hockey down below. He did mind it though! He begged, he screamed, he wriggled and tried to break free of the gated door {with a latch, grateful sigh} and eventually got to go for 2 turns around the rink with his daddy until we got caught. Oh well. It eased his suffering of missing out! Can't wait to do it again and again.






2 comments:
Yes, you are allowed to steal since you are my sister! Cute pancakes! And I'm really hoping Josh's knee will allow him to go ice skating next year. We really wanted to go this year, but didn't think the knee would hold up.
kacy!!! it's been so long. i love your family! finn has gotten so big. he's adorable. miss you heindorffs. xo
Post a Comment