09 January, 2011

Christmas


Looking back on Christmas Day I gotta ask ourselves..."What were we thinking!?!" We booked our flights for the evening to come back to Australia and thought it was going to be just perfect! The kids put together a tray of Chocolate chip cookies {Santa's favorite}


Chocolate milk

and some Hay for the reindeer. They each opened a gift of new Jammies:

And we sent them off to bed. Trace was SO worried he was going to miss out on Santa coming since he wasnt in bed right away. He was the most anxious to fall asleep I think!
We stayed up late wrapping last minute gifts, laughing with Lane and Shannon (friends from Aus} and putting together some certain toys.

Just as planned the kids woke up to presents and stockings! Sydney and Kirra cameinto our room first to let us know Santa had come. I love hearing their excitment!!!
Yeah Stockings!!! This is one of our favorite parts of the whole morning...

They all took some time going through their stockings and playing with their gifts from Santa. syd got a camera, Kirra a DS, andFinn got a radio flyer bicycle! We eventually took our time getting to the gifts under the tree.
Finn loves balls still:

We had some breakfast (devouring the Buttermilk syrup Mmmmm) and the kids were happy a could be with everything they opened. We still had gifts under the tree but loved taking our time.
I went to do a few things in between breaks and then
this....

Ugh and Eeeew. While in the basement I heard water draining, looked around to find water pouring out of our light fixtures below the kitchen. One of the drains was blocked in the main kitchen and the water ended up finding its way out through the floor which means it drained right into the basement. It was salad. It was stinky. It was not on my "To-Do" list. At all. Thankfully Lane and Adam dug their way through the ceiling and found the clog, piled all of the stinky ceiling boards and fiberglass outside and called it a day. We went upstairs and finished unwrapping our gifts (a new serger and Elements for me,YIPPEEE!!!) and I felt defeated. I had to leave our house with a stinky basement, sheets in the dryer, an unmopped floor,and dishes. Boo. I didnt like that part :(

But Sydney loved her Horses of course:

And Portia wasn't so happy that her new princess shoes did not fit:

What a day to remember right? It really was a great Christmas, my kids are so much fun right now and watching their excitement was the best. It was a Merry Christmas (despite a few bumps!)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

your tree is gorgeous, kids are so much fun, but boo about the leak! what a pain!