24 March, 2009

6 whole months ago...

My little dude was born! It really has gone by too fast for me, I completely indulge myself in the whole newborn stage and love, LOVE the tiny little bodies and getting to know them! And as much as I love that stage, I do find that each day that goes by seems to make that bond just a touch stronger. I feel such a connection to this guy, there's just something about him that makes me melt. He has been quite the stinker lately, always wanting to be held for some reason and rocked to sleep (both of these a bit out of norm for him) for the last few days. I can't stay mad at him for long though...he loves his momma, and I love him.


For each child we have celebrated their 6 month mark with 1/2 of a cake. I let the girls pick out the cake from the cheesecake factory. This shop is full of beautiful cakes with passionfruit topping, pavlovas, bostom creams, mudcakes, spongecakes with fillings...I always ogle when I go in there. Guess what they chose? New York cheesecake! It was delish though :) I made navajo tacos for dinner (craving fulfilled), almost caught the kitchen on fire (!), and then half of the family sang "happy birthday" halfway through (the other half finished the whole song)! Happy half year Finster! We love you tremendously!




Thanks Fitzys for the half card, you always make us laugh! By the sign language, I think Finn wants the other half...I need to have a chat with Adam about what he is teaching our son :)

3 comments:

Deborah said...

That's too funny - I didn't know you did that!

Natalie said...

Too cute! He is such a doll! So, it is so funny that while you are in Australia for a couple months, Jesse and I have some friends from Australia staying with us for a couple months. Just trade em in and trade em out! They are tons of fun though, and such gentlemen. We are really enjoying having them at our house. Have fun down under!!

Natalie said...

By the way, did you notice that your little cutie is totally flipping the bird....ha ha ha!