11 June, 2009

My path, or ours?



I love this photo of 2 of my favorite people in the whole universe! I have been feeling a need to discover my own path as of late. I love being a mother...I feel like it is Christmas morning everytime I go to get my man out of his crib each morning. I find joy in hearing, and watching my girls play together. I know this is my calling in my life right now. But I also wonder what else I am meant to be doing, am I wasting precious time by "stalling" and waiting for the next thing? My fear is that I will look back one day and wonder where it all went? I try to take each moment and relish in it's important lesson and the memory it is offering. If this is what life is about, count me in! But why do I feel a pull in other desires and wantings? Why do I sometimes feel unfulfilled as a person...like I should be doing more? I already feel a bit overwhelmed at times! I can't help but realize that this path I feel like I am carving out for myself is not mine alone, I share it with every person I encounter. Where is our path going next?

4 comments:

The Shermans said...

Kacy!

My wife was feeling the same way a few months ago! She found something that she really enjoys doing, and it still allows her to be a "mom" and have those mom-moments, but gives her that "purpose in life" kind of feeling. Send me an e-mail, and I can tell you more about it.

Brian

shermanseven@gmail.com

KTLADY said...

Kacy, I know how you're feeling. I've been talking to an older lady who always tells wives and mothers how important it is to "build your own life," and make sure you still have interests, hobbies and you are on a path where you can explore your interests and keep your "cup" filled. That certainly doesn't mean you are eliminating what matters the most. I think it's great. Good luck finding out what other things you can use your talents for! :)

Michelle said...

what a deep post....in a good way, and said so beautifully. I often feel like I should be doing more, but then realize how busy life gets....thanks for your beautiful thoughts, they have made me think more seriously about the same questions....

The Alts Family said...

I'm so surprised you're feeling this way (I don't mean that in a negative way). You constantly amaze me at how much you give to others and are always building on your skills and interests. I've always admired you for that. If you're doubting yourself like this...then a person like me is in REAL trouble. =) You're amazing!