
One of the reasons we chose to do this trip was to experience the Falls, one of those things you know is better in person. It was AM.AZ.ING! On this particular day we decided to do the adventure pass which granted access to the discovery center, Imax, aquarium (you MUST see the magic show...if you want a good laugh at someone else's expense, teehee!) Mais of the Mist, and Cave of the winds. My favorite part of the whole trip was the Cave of the Winds. All of us (including Finn and Asher) ponchoed up with our awesome water shoes:
and headed down the elevator to some stairs that have been built up into the actual falls. It was sheer power! It completely blew me away to think that this small section of the waterfall on the tiniest edge had that much power...to think of the awesomeness the waterfall as a whole was mind-blowing! Kirra was pretty much frightened after the first level so I headed back with Finn to the beginning and calmed her down! Adam took Sydney up to the top where you can let the water POUR on top of you. When they had enough he talked me into going back up and I am so glad he did! Definately one of my favorite experiences! 

The other highlight of the day was the Maid of the Mist. This was actually Adam's favorite part of the whole trip to the Niagara Falls! We boarded a semi-empty boat and went deep into the bay where the water lands. It was so misty and cool. Again, poncho prepared, Finn loved every minute of it! It was truly spectaular!

Mi Familia:
Later we wnt on a mini hike for a cool photo shot from the side.

And to complete the day, we caught the tram to the "three sister's island" which was really low key, less touristy, and had a nice vibe to it. Even though the little mini waterfalls throughout the island were well, "mini", I still thought they were beautiful! And the girls of course loved looking for treasures in the rock pools 

28 July, 2009
New York Trip, Niagara Falls
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
okay, I want to go to Niagara Falls so bad, and Mike has absolutely NO interest in it. It's only like an 8 hour drive there for us...man, I should have just met you guys there! It looks like you guys had so much fun, and you took some great pictures!
You guys are travelin' fools!! That looks like so much fun - and your girls are old enough to remember it. I can't wait to have older kids to travel with.
Oh, that looks amazing! How fun to have the whole family there. I would love to see Niagara Falls someday. Daniel and I watched a TV special on it one night. I didn't realize they had all that cool stuff you could do there. Did you bring the ponchos and shoes with you or buy them with them there? Did they come with the package?
Also, how do you get your pictures so big on Blogger? Not that most of mine are worth seeing that big, but sometimes there's a detailed picture that just needs to be enlarged, and it's annoying to have to click on on it (I think).
Post a Comment