26 July, 2009

New York trip, Palmyra and the Hill Cumorah









On our second day we headed over to Palmyra for a tour of Jospeh Smith's house and farm area. I really liked walking through the house, I guess it just made all the stories come alive for me! The house is tiny and makes me grateful for space :) We also walked through part of the sacred grove which was completely peaceful and beautiful. I agree with my mom in saying that God must love nature...so many beautiful things happen in nature, through nature, and because of nature. I never expected to have my own miracle happen in the Sacred Grove (i'll leave that for Joseph Smith), but I could absolutely see why he witnessed God and Christ there. It was so calming and had a great serenity about it.

After the busy Smith Farm tour and some lunch, we headed over the printing press where the Book of Mormon was first printed and bound. I thought it was really interesting and enjoyed the information given throughout the tour.

Finn's beloved kisses:


Next on the list was the Hill Cumorah and some much needed energy release! While the kids ran up the steep hill and searched for the buried scriptures, Adam and I caught a ride with a church photographer on a golf cart...ahhh! Another beautiful church spot! We did catch the Hill Cumorah pageant on the previous night and I thought it was entertaining and really well done. Adam on the other hand...not quite his thing of course. He made it through though :)

The two buddies laughing as usual:

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love the family pictures, especially out in nature. The kiss is priceless. I'm impressed that you Adam can hold both girls at once!