04 January, 2010

New years and a birthday!

We had a small BBQ here at the house to ring in the new year! Lots of food, laughing, dancing, and swimming! The girls fell asleep around 11:00 and 1/2 of the family headed home as well. Adam ventured off to the bedroom, only to fall asleep at 11:55! Helen and I hugged eachother and watched the local fireworks from the backyard. Isn't New years SO different once you have a family?

My niece, Sage, was born New Year's day 5 years ago so we get to celebrate her life every New Years Day!!! They held a breakfast at one of the local parks that also has a small beach for the littlies to play in. It was a perfect day! Oh, minus little Jade fracturing her elbow at the park, poor thing! {she is the cutie in the bakground on the first pic}

Make a wish....



some of the kids climbed the trees...

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun, your girls are going to be in shock coming back to cold Utah after so much fun in the sun:) I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to talk with you on the phone the other day, it was already midnight my time and I had to get to bed! Thanks for keeping me posted on the blog, I really love seeing all the fun things you get to experience.

Janell said...

That cake is almost as pretty as the cake I made Asher :)
We missed your fam at the cabin over New Year's. We needed you there!! But hey, I think a BBQ and pool party sounds like a great way to ring in the new year so maybe now I'm jealous of you!
Love ya!

The Kalcichs said...

You must be in Australia! Send us some of that warmth, please! Hope you guys have a great new year!