27 July, 2011

Australiamerican


He did it! Adam has been working on his American citizenship since last year and it finally came to fruition...He's officially an American Citizen! Since he will always love and be an Australian at heart, the status of an "American" is just a bonus, wink wink! We joined him for his swearing in at the Rose Wagner Theatre and after being separated for quite some time we were able to file in (we, meaning myself, the kids, and A LOT of other families witnessing), take our seats, and watch the official program. 187 people from 52 countries were becoming citizens during that hour! It included a judge,


The swearing in,

And a few videos:

I actually thought the whole process was interesting! At one point they went around the room and had groups of people stand from different countries and were offered the chance to say a few words. Most people's words were quite moving and were very grateful for the opportunity to start a new life or to change their families lives still living in their previous country. Some knew English, many did not. Some had families in and outside of the USA, some were single, some were old, but everyone who took the opportunity to stand a say a few words were full of gratitude to be accepted into such a great country. I know with Adam coming from such an awesome country of Australia that becoming a citizen wont really improve his life as much as it would for others. But we are still grateful to live in a great place and to know we have choices and can raise our kids with plenty of opportunity! I do love the USA! And I love my man for becoming one of us :)
I'm a proud wifey!




3 comments:

Kinny said...

Awe I love it! Sweet words girl! Adam has always been an 'American' at heart anyways...we knew it would eventually happen! haha

Sam and Holly said...

Dang, it looks like we missed out on a way cool party. Tell Adam congrats from us and let's get together soon. Please soon!

Michelle said...

that's awesome. as long as it doesn't make him lose his accent. haha.