08 August, 2011

Proud to be an American!


So how do we celebrate? With a party of course! I thought that becoming a US citizen was a big deal but Adam didn't quite see what the hype was all about. So I went ahead and started planning a surprise party for him...and the very day after I sent out invites he came home from golfing with friends and admitted he wanted a party! Whaaaat? Several of his (invited) friends had talked about how great it would be and thus, talked Adam into a party! Yippee! Now I know the lawn will be mowed, and the tables and chairs will get set up in time :) I love his help!
The party was a lot of fun and having the main food catered in from "The Smoking Apple" saved me some stress and allowed for more party planning! I still didn't finish decorating in time and the silly gal I am, forgot to take pics of the decorations. Ahh, one day.

We invited people that we love (of course) and these people have made a big impact on Adam's life here. Some of them made it possible for Adam to live and work while he was here for school.
This is Adam's "American" family whom we adore, the Fuller fam:

Janell, Kevin, and baby Tyce:



Big group of loved friends, (L to R) John and Vicky Capua, Greg and Shelly Butterfield, Adam, Chris and Jen Skillings, Karen and Dave Marcum:


The food was fab! Look at this amazing cake Deborah made (this girl has serious talent!)

grouped photos by Deb




The band was a hit! The perfect addition to the party!

Camryn got her groove on with the tambourine!

Sparklers added a bit of crazy fun to mix as well. Pyro Bryan almost lost an arm and poor Avery got a fright from a hot stick. Yikes! Always practice safety! I printed these wrappers from an online blogger, cant remember where though!
And we had an amazing night! Thanks to my family for bringing delicious desserts and for celebrating this crazy Aussie!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh man! That cake looks so fabulous, what a fun party, you are such an amazing woman to take all that on but what a great celebration! So I get to call Adam a "Yank" now, right?:)

Kenna said...

YAY! Congrats to Adam!
That cake looks yumazing!!!

Michelle said...

awesome, and seriously, deb's cake is ridiculous!