Adam and I wanted to hike up the North Berwick Law so we strapped on our shoes and off we went! Its so easy when we don't have littlies to get ready :) Looking up towards it I thought it was going to be a steep hike but it was really quite pleasant! We took our time and snapped pics along the way. North Berwick has tons of farmland surrounding it so the lovely view from the top had views of the sea and well, farmland. Such a simple beauty.
There is a partial building remaining from the days when people would watch for intruders (Spaniards? hmm, I better look that up) and when they saw the ships coming they would light a bonfire big enough for Edinburgh castle to see across the water. Pretty amazing the building is still standing! And because we are really cool and all, I snapped Adam's photo as he was searching for the "intruders"
Happy dance at the top! Yeah, like I said...we are cool like that
So this is the whale bone we hiked up to. It used to be a real bone and when it fell an anonymous donation of this replica was made:
Later that night Adam and I headed out for one of our favorite eats in Dunbar called "The Rocks". The location of this restaurant is right on the rocky edge of the sea and the food is always the best. After dinner we took a walk around to the harbour:
Isn't he so handsome???
24 August, 2011
Scotland-North Berwick & Dunbar
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
9:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I absolutely LOVE the "happy dance" at the top of the hike, you are too cute:) What a beautiful country, I'm hoping to make it to that part of the world this November (I'm planning a special trip for Hyrum's birthday)
Post a Comment