18 August, 2011

Happy Birthday Miss Sydney


My beautiful girl is 8! Wowee. and woah. I look at my girl and cant believe how fast these years have gone by. She has brought so much joy into our lives, taught me some patience and understanding, has become a best friend to the 2 girls in this house, and an awesome big sister to Finn. She asked for a baking party this year and of course I was pretty excited about it myself!
The day started with the usual balloons filling the bedroom ceiling and breakfast of her choice, Lucky Charms. She opened gifts and loved every single one of them ( I think her favorite was the new sewing machine)! But she was super excited about the Bella Sara horses and the make-up kit from Kirra.


See? Look how crazy excited she is!

Since the party wasnt until that late afternoon we had time throughout the day for playing and getting ready for her guests.
I found this birthday card on the table, come to find out it is Sydney's birthday card to herself. I thought is was a true "Sydney" moment and couldn't resist a photo for a memory. This girl is so funny!



Party time! As the guests started to arrive the girls all gathered around to start the fun.
First thing to do? Make aprons!


And this is what we generally see from Finn....he sure loves his boardies. I love when they actually fit though ;)

Then onto the "bakers" stations. We had 6 stations so the girls could try thier hand at a lot of different techniques. I found it interesting that they all had their own idea of what they wanted their creation to look like!
Fresh chocolate dipped strawberries were a BIG hit!

Mini cherry pies were next on the rotation:

We all took turns measuring, scraping, stirring, and finally scooping fresh strawberry jam into jars ready to eat or to store in the freezer.

The lone fresh fruit tart ready to be sent home and devoured...

assembling:

The girls and their tarts:

Last baking station was to decorate a cupcake. The girls again had a lot of different ideas of what they wanted. Some didn't even use frosting, others used every possible decoration there was!

Sydney's cake. Cherry chip cake with pink butter cream frosting. Delicious!

Make a wish....

I had originally made Sydney her very own clothespin cake topper doll and decided it was just too cute not to make more friends for her. We ended up with 9 dolls, all of which were precious and made to look like the party guest. I'm such a proud mama of these girls:

And one more because these girls are just too cute:


Here is Kirra with her "take out" box of treats.

The party was alot of fun and I'm so thankful my mom & Adam were here with me to help! I think Sydney loved having them both here as well. We finished with heading out to dinner with Sydney and her friend Hannah to Tepanyaki for (Sydney's dinner choice) and really truly had a wonderful day. Happy Birthday beautiful girl!

2 comments:

Sam and Holly said...

You are the best mom! I'm copying you for sure :)

Kailie said...

Love this! Please post a tutorial on those dolls!