20 October, 2011

Disneyland day 2 and 3


Continuing on for our family fun in Disneyland...
On Friday we went straight to Disneyland and went on all of our favorite rides again :) We were also able to get the best seats for the sound of Music Parade:




And enjoyed ourselves immensely on Splash Mountain several times and even got a "backstage" tour when the ride broke down just after we had made the big drop! Perfect timing, and the girls thought it was really cool to see the animals up close :)

We ventured over to California Adventure later in the afternoon. It was our first time there and we weren't really quite sure where to go! I took the girls on California Adventure (Yes, we thought it was AMAZING!) And we had fast pass tickets for World of Color show so we stayed up late for it.


And Sydney really wanted to take the drawing class so the three girls tried our hand at drawing Jack:


And finishing the night at World of Color:


IT was also AMAZING! The kids were exhausted and all fell asleep on the walk home. I wasn't sure we would make it up too early for our "early morning entrance" on Saturday but we managed to get there early enough for a few rides we could walk on to and bee lined it straight for the princesses. We did it! I think we were 3rd in line so we ditched the 1.5+ hour wait line entirely! We bought the girls autograph books and luckily we saw a lot of the characters including the princesses and the fairies:



This is my favorite moment, so much that I got teary eyed! Ridiculous? Maybe ;) Ever since we had seen the GIANT Queen of Hearts and (she scared the living daylights out of Finn) he was terrified of every character we saw. I was sad, he was sad. But when we came around the corner and saw Cinderella, he melted and went straight in for a big hug. He was really actually happy and couldnt stop smiling for the camera! I'm not sure why he was so happy with Cinderella but it changed him for the rest of the trip...he was no longer terrified of the characters, yea!!!


We also saw more fairies, princesses, Fairy Godmother, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, The Fox, Cruella DeVille, The Bear, Tigger and Pooh bear, Goofy,
And the Mad hatter!


We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at California Adventure. Adam took the girls on the bigger rides while I took Finn to the Bug's Life rides. Finn was in heaven just walking around and choosing where he wantedto go! I'm pretty sure we all hadperma-grin for 3 straight days!
To say we had the best time is an understatement! We cannot wait to go back and feel so blessed to have had the experience with the kiddos. I think Sydney will remember so much of it (including chickening out of the Tower of Terror thrill ride!)but best of all was growing our memories together!

No comments: