09 January, 2013

Gloworms

We originally went to Mt. Tamborine to see the Glow worm caves.  I have to admit I was quite excited about it! I had never seen one and I thought it would be a new interesting thing for the kids.  These pics are from the grounds at the caves, there was no photography allowed in the caves, darn!


He's so girl trapped!  Looks like he's going to protect them though with his arms around those girls!

Always rely on Adam to make the girls squeal! Check out those faces!

Little miss E



This pic is just outside of the caves. We went in and you are directed to sit and watch a short video on Glow worms and their habitat.  Then you follow the leader to a long small (and humid!) room where they shut the doors and all you see are red dots along the ground to follow the path and a whole sea of glowing dots on the walls and on the ceiling.  I couldn't think about it for fear of claustrophobia but I really thought it was awesome besides that.  They look like stars in the night sky.  The leader was quite informative and even let the kids answer questions about the insects that they had learned from the previous video.  They were rewarded with small glow in the dark stones as a gift.  

There were a lot of these guys around!


And of course Finn had to chase the wild turkeys!

No comments: