10 January, 2013

Noosa, Sunshine Coast

Remember how we went to Noosa last year and had the best time?  Well, we were comped an extra night at the Outrigger for our stay so we decided to use it this year and stay a few night again. Guess what? we still never made it to the beach! The kids love the pool so much and mom loves to not have to deal with sand and ocean critters.  This all means we are happy!







With all the fires this year we saw some amazing sunsets.  You know how a camera cant quite capture the intensity?  Imagine this but 10x more dramatic.  It was a stunner!


We took the scenic route home and did some sightseeing along the way.  There are the cutest little towns along this Maleny tourist drive and we would've been happy to stop and check out a few shops along the way but it was truly one of the HOTTEST days we had experienced yet.  Pretty sure it was at least 40 degrees celsius and climbing.  Too hot for little bubs and a nursing mama!  So we found ourselves back on the freeway with McDonalds in our belly and on our way home.  Ha!
This pic is from the beautiful mountain range drive.  I always think its strange to see when the land goes into the ocean like this, in one long sweep. Hard to identify where the ocean ends and the sky begins, its all so beautiful.

Driving home with this girl will lead to a funky ABC song for about 40 rounds and then on to a hippopotamus song for about 10 minutes straight.  she thought it was so fun to sing and sing and sing. Eventually we had to start asking questions just to get her to settle down!  I secretly love hearing my kiddos sing though, I pray they are songbirds all their life.

And this handsome man...what can I say?  He's the best traveling partner I will ever have. Seriously, the best sense of direction I've ever seen and he's pretty darn cute too.

We had a great time, the kids were awesome, Eden and Lauren were great travelers, and Dad (as always) took care of us and made sure we had some good memories for safekeeping.  I, in particular loved the night we bought pizza and sat at the park in the dark with the car lights somewhat shining on us.  I lied the babies down on a towel so I could eat hands free only to discover later I had layed them on an old meat pie covered in ants!  We all survived, although it was somewhat traumatic for me.  Sydney thought is was the coolest to sleep out on the couch in our apartment, and we pretty much devoured the honey comb at the breakfast bar.  "Natures chewing gum" Sydney would say at every breakfast....


No comments: