04 March, 2008

Aussie Aussie Aussie....Oi Oi Oi!




Yesterday Adam took me to my first cricket game here in Brisbane. It was the 2nd final between India and Australia. I have to admit I was a bit concerned about the time it was going to last (about 9 hours) sitting in a stadium watching a game I really didn't fully understand. I didn't want to be negative though and I WAS excited about spending the time with Adam doing something I knew he would enjoy. So off we went!



After a little explanation, a "super" hot dog, a mexican wave that lasted quite a while (this has been banned in previous games) and a bit of people watching, I was totally getting it! A bit after the middle of the game we got a surprise on the field....a very daring streaker running from the police, dodging everyone EXCEPT a major cricketer, Andrew Symonds. I have included the vidoe for your benefit :) teehee! We had a great laugh......















But wait! There is more....we had ANOTHER streaker! So by the end of the night we had a really close game and unfortunately lost. Boo Hoo! I had a great time though and look forward to coming again next year when we are back out here. I enjoyed spending much needed "adult" interaction time with Adam and Michael. I also enjoyed laughing, relaxing, and learning something new. It was a great night!


4 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

You are one devoted wife. I remember a time when we were the ones doing the streaking. Tee hee hee. I guess it's a little different when it's at Hermosa, late at night, and no ones around to see, and all we took off was our shirts. Still, we thought we were pretty cool.

jessamyn said...

yes, i remember some "streaking" with you gals. that started back in junior high...and it never quite got out of my system!!:)
there are so many things about those days that never left me (thank goodness!).
this sounds like a lot of fun!

Janell said...

I shouldn't have just watched that...at least he's not chubby! Doesn't it seem like it's usually the chubby guys that streak during games?

Deborah said...

I'm glad I didn't watch that while I was at work! Too funny!! When do you guys come back? I keep on forgetting. If you have room in your suitcase you should sneak me back a few Mars bars - I just saw a recipe that uses them that looked really yummy!!