18 April, 2009

Aloha




We went for a drive along the little coastal road here in Kona. There are some pretty good sandy beaches considering most everywhere you go it is covered in lava.


We also went to a local farmer's market and saw these amazing "Blue ginger" flowers. Have you ever seen anything like them? Amazing. We also indulged on banana oatmeal cookies, mac nuts, fresh juice, and coconut candy...delish!

3 comments:

Janell said...

Ahhh, I just took a mini vacation just looking at those pictures :) LOVE those blue ginger flowers--WOW! I smile when I see that picture of Finn in the car. What a good lookin baby. (I thought Asher was the one with the huge blue veins on his head, but is that a vein I see on Finn? Sorry to point it out but I've never noticed it before.)
When do you guys come home? We are supposed to have good weather this week so it's okay for you to come back :)

Michelle said...

wow....it really sucks to be you! love ya!

Natalie said...

Well, you just must lead the most awful boring life! I mean, Australia straight to Hawaii! Okay, just call me jealous! I hope you are having so much fun!