01 April, 2009

Sugar Cane Fields





A few weeks ago we drove down what used to be the old highway to get to the coast. It was absolutely beautiful! Of course I can see why they built the new freeway (for speed) but was taken back by the beauty of the simple highway. There were huge trees and deep green fields the entire drive. Adam told me stories about his childhood while driving, and since I always love to hear about him as a child, it was really a special drive as a family.


It was the perfect Sunday drive and of course I had to snap up some photos of the vast sugar cane fields. Adam secretly snuck a cane and cut it down for the girls to try. Kirra was not interested, but Sydney didn't mind it too much. It is very fibrous and you have to just chew and suck the mild sweetness out.

2 comments:

emily and Nate said...

WOW, your photos are breathtaking..they are simply beautiful. Sounds like one of those perfect days.
p.s- congrats on that cute little baby of yours!
Emily

Deborah said...

That IS gorgeous!