
Yep, they showed up without any notice. I never liked the "pop in" type, and it looks like they are staying around for a while! I don't like too many buzzing things near me. Hello? Have you seen how big horseflies can get? Yick!
Just on Monday, we had left our doors open to the house since it was such a beautiful day. As we were playing around I heard this super loud rumble, looked outside and in our driveway was the BIGGEST swarm of bees I have ever seen. We (calmly?) closed the doors and watched in amazement, this swarm of thousands of bees hovering over our house. I had a very creepy thought, picturing these bees picking up our house and placing it somewhere secretly so they could devour each morsel of it. Bringing myself back to reality, I realized we shouldn't dare try to make our escape to soccer practice in fear they would attack...did I mention I don't like bees? Needless to say, I thought they passed through but come to find out...they are hanging around. Maybe even trying to devouring our house!!!!
Notice that the group is as big as the boulder??
I did see this cute little ratatouille outside today...isn't his face so sweet? He must be the friendly type since he let me get so close. 

13 May, 2009
Some uninvited guests
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
5:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh my gosh, I would freak out! What are your plans with these buzzing buddies?
Yikes!! I don't know what I would do - except lock myself in the house!!
Smart move to skip soccer practice! I can't believe how many bees are all clustered around in that one spot. Keep us updated on how you actually get rid of your "uninvited guests"
okay...kacy...those bees are one of the craziest things I've ever seen! I mean..what in the world? How does that happen? What did you do? Did they go away yet? That is really crazy! Call the exterminator! I would freak! I am that typical that RUNS when she sees a bee...and lucky for me, I've never been stung! My husband can't stand it when I run, but really....for me it works!
That is the craziest thing I have ever seen!! Why would so many bees just want to hang out on your house? That is SO WEIRD, and scary. I hate bees! Good luck with that!
Unbelievable...seriously, that is a lot of bees! You weren't kidding!! You gotta get rid of them. Do your neighbors have any of these swarms? You better keep your little ones inside until you get rid of them. YIKES!
I would have to agree on that sweet little mouse--what a cute little thing he is! He better stay outside :)
Oh my word. I'm scared to death just looking at your photos! I am anxious to hear what you do to "fix" the problem! Creepy!!
By the way.... I showed Nathan this photo and the first thing he said was, "Their queen died!" Apparently, when the queen dies, they all leave the nest and move somewhere else. Hmmm.....
Post a Comment