31 May, 2009

Restocking the shelves



This last week we made some delicious jam with the girls. The first batch was the ever so yummy strawberry and the second batch was a berry mix. We did try our first batch of freezer jam so I hope the girls like it. All in all, 15 1/2 jars of delicious homemade jam. We go through a ton of jam in this house (9 jars + of blackberry and apricot from last late summer...completely GONE!) so I thought it best to start stocking up while the berries are perfect. Can't wait to put it on hot scones, or maybe biscuits, or maybe waffles...Mmmmmmm!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

yummmmm!!!

Deborah said...

I need to give you some of my jam - we have SO much because it's just the two of us, but I still want to make more!

Natalie said...

Yummy! You should teach me how to make jam, Jesse loves jam more than almost anything! He would love it if I knew how to make it!

Natalie said...

I just got laid off from my job, so I am free anytime! Next week, next weekend. I am good whenever. So whenever is good for you I would love to get together. You can call me at 505-860-6531. That is my cell! I cant wait!!!

bebe said...

I wish I liked jam. I just don't... But I always think I should, and this looks delish! I'd come over for scones though...