Salsa is now the number one condiment in America.
You know why? Because people like to say "salsa." "Excuse me, do
you have salsa?" "We need more salsa." "Where is the salsa? No salsa?
You know it must be impossible for a Spanish person to order
seltzer and not get salsa. "I wanted seltzer, not salsa."
Don't you know the difference between seltzer and salsa?? You
have the seltzer after the salsa!
See, this should be a show. This is the show.
You know I had to do it...it goes hand in hand {if your a Seinfeld fan anyway}. you know everytime I eat salsa I have this conversation in my head? Anyhoo....
Although I don't know if I will ever be ready to say goodbye to summer, I truly do adore the fall. I can smell it in the air and I get excited! One thing that comes with the end of the summer is all of the delicious produce that is pouring off the vine {or can I call it EXCESS} which in turn yeilds some yummy salsa! My kitchen was a sweatshop of sorts for a few hours with some beautiful women cooking, dicing, peeling, and laughing away. A few hours later we yielded about 60 pints of salsa. Did I mention we love this stuff? At least I hoped we would after trying 2 new recipes. I think we found 2 winners :)
Since I was in the mood {and still had EXCESS} I canned some quarts of tomatoes, some strawberry syrup, some more jam, and peaches. I feel so proud! I think I like being domestic!
28 September, 2009
getting ready to semi-hibernate
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yummy!! I LOVE Salsa! You amaze me with your canning and cooking and sewing and on and on! You are my hero!!
Winners indeed! We opened up a can for our fajitas and I was more than pleased with all your hard work :) Thanks again for the fun afternoon! Now I'm just curious, where was the invite for canning peaches?!!
no joke you domestic little mamma you! I am so impressed - and very jealous.
Post a Comment