
A gorgeous New Mexico sunset
We headed down to Farmington to be with family for my Grandpa Mitchell's funeral. He was one of the sweetest men I know and I have the fondest memories of him from my childhood all the way through my adulthood. They found out he found out he had lung cancer, but I have peace in my heart knowing he wasn't in a lot of pain. Even when we went down the week prior he was full of love, kindness, and happiness to see us and the great grand kids. He is an amazing man. His funeral was set for Halloween day and after a beautiful service and burial, catching up with family, giving loads of hugs and well wishes, we loaded up into the car and headed for Utah.
We made it just in time for a bit of Trick-or-treating in our old neighborhood (we go there every year!) and then to the Butterfield's for some fresh apple cider, treat sampling, and some laughs. It was a big emotional day full of gratitude though. I'm blessed to come from such great & genuine people. My family is my world.
Here are a few photos from the night. Sydney is a cute Candy Corn witch, Kirra is a beautiful bride, and Finn is the awesome superhero Batman (he has a slight Batman obsession!):


The night usually ends in tears:
No comments:
Post a Comment