
Our sweet Sydney chose to be baptised on November 5. We offered Sydney the choice to wait for her Grammie and Papa to come from Australia and she definitely wanted to wait for them to be there with her. Funny though that she ended up asking almost every day is she could get baptised right away! It was the best day. I'm so grateful to have the knowledge I do about the gospel. I'm grateful for the opportunity our family has to be together forever. And I'm grateful for Sydney's choice, her sweet spirit, and her example of a pure heart. She has brought our family so much joy and laughter. I love that she is just as she wants to be (she is not easily persuaded to do something she doesn't want to). She is content in her own skin and can easily entertain herself! She is so beautiful.
She is also talented, she helped to sew her own baptism dress. Isn't it gorgeous? I'm so happy she was able to do it!
Just before entering the water with her daddy:
For the baptism she chose to have her Aunt Tamera lead the music, we sang "I Love to see the Temple", "Joseph Smith's First Prayer", and a musical number from her girl cousins. Grandma Mitchell gave a talk on following the path and taking the right steps to get to heaven. Our good friend and Stake President Greg Butterfield also gave a talk on baptism, and Bishop Adams said a few sweet words as well. It was perfect in every way. I was so emotional with the experience. My favorite moment? Watching Adam and Sydney come together in the water...I couldn't help myself and the tears began to fall with gratitude and love. I love my family beyond anything else!
After the baptism we invited all of our friends and family back to our house for dinner and dessert. We had BBQ ribs, chicken, salads, and cornbread (all Sydney's choice). We also had a "Hot Chocolate Bar" with plenty of toppings and syrups to experiment with flavors. It was a hit for sure!


Surrounded by people we love:

And since this was also my Dad's birthday (60!!) we had a chocolate cake an candles!
It was a perfect day. I love being surrounded by family and friends that have so much love, compassion, and respect for each other.
16 November, 2011
Sydney's baptism
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How sweet and special for your family! It is funny, as I was reading this I remembered that I was baptized on Nov. 5 as well! (Of course like 30 years ago....hahaha) Your family is so cute!
What a beautiful post! I love all the pictures. The one of your family is so cute. You are the cutest mom! I really want to catch up on your blog...but it's bed time, and I still haven't showered today. gross, i know. TMI? sorry. I'll catch up tomorrow. :)
Post a Comment