I seriously adore this holiday...even more so when it falls on a Sunday. What better way to teach my children the real importance of the date? We were sure the kids would wake up around 4:00 am (not uncommon when the sun rises at 4:30 right?) but luckily they surprised us and slept until 6:00! Wowee, I needed it too!
The girls were super excited for their stockings. Its a family favorite! We opened stockings and they excitedly looked over every inch of their gift from Santa. The girls were thrilled that Santa brought their most wanted item, American Girl Dolls! I think I was too busy watching the kids to get many photos though! Here is my documentation though :)

We left for church and of course I enjoyed the meeting. When we returned home we slowly unwrapped the rest of the gifts under the tree and had the best day! It was a great time to spend it with family and we were able to have Aunty Lulla with us as well. She has a lot of knowledge and never ceases to teach me something new.
I love, love watching the excitement in my children's eyes as they open a new gift. We decided this year that they should each buy for each other so they would have the opportunity to "give" and to truly think about what the other person would like. I think it was perfect!

Here is Adam, super excited about the old Australian coins he found in his stocking. I had some great help from Michael's side of the family in obtaining these rare treasures. So cool!


We also had the cousins exchange their gifts for each other at a little milk and cookie party that night. They had a great time, Thanks Kinny!
29 December, 2011
Merry Christmas!!!
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment