16 December, 2011

O'Reilly's

Going to O'Reilly's was our main destination (to see the parrots), and after the loooooong curvy road up the mountain, through the rain forest, more curves, more views, we had arrived. We spent a little time looking around the gift shop and then went outside to see some of the birds. The dads disappeared to buy some bird seed and not long after returned looking like this:

I about died laughing!!! All the kids shrieked and Kirra immediately got in there with the birds for a hold and a feed. She loved it! The big green birds are "King Parrots" and the beautiful red ones are "Rosellas":

All the older girls enjoyed the friendliness of the birds. I love how Sydney has her otter with her:


And Milla and Finn eventually warmed up to them:


one little one however, DID NOT like those birds:





Aren't their feathers amazingly gorgeous?


Hehe, I love my goofy husby!




We had a lot of laughs! I loved watching the kids interact with the birds, I preferred to stay behind the camera though :) I'm not a huge lover of birds around my neck!

No comments: