14 August, 2013

OH Fair New Mexico

Off to New Mexico for the first stop of our family trip.  Well, we got off to a rocky start but we were determined to make it a good time, ha! Adam drove and made excellent time considering how much construction we went through.  I started out in the front seat but somehow she ended up there:


the babies were pretty good but since they love me so much I had to do some entertaining.  So between naps I took pictures of land that looks like this:

And when we finally arrived too late to join the others for dinner we stuffed our tired faces with Si Señor and quickly made it to Grandma Goodman's house for a quick visit. Poor Grandma had a headache from not sleeping well the night before but she was cheerful and let all 20 of us cram into her house, pulling out toys and letting the kids play with her stuffed rolling dogs.  We quickly went to visit Grandma Mitchell and all took our turns taking pics with her.  I have to say that I adore both my Grandmas.  I just think they are the sweetest, most endearing women. I have the best memories of Sunday nights at my Grandma Mitchell's house. Consistently providing memories of playing in the basement, gazebo, a game of scrabble and pool by the adults, a homemade Sunday treat, and finishing up weekend homework too late at night.  Isn't my Grandma the cutest?

No comments: