I finally finished Kirra's twirly skirt today...Ahhhh, the relief! Since the girls are still in their "dresses only" stage, and Australia around the corner again, i decided to let them each pick out their own material and I would sew them a skirt to wear. I cut the pieces out and, as usual, I let them sit while I worked on other projects. I am realizing that I guess i have a hard time finishing a project for some strange reason. Like, while I was reading Breaking Dawn, part of me really wanted to finish the book to see how it predictably ended, and the other half of me wanted to tuck it away and read only bits and pieces of it because it would all be over once I read the last page, and that meant it was over...I didn't want it to end. Same feeling for sewing projects I enjoy I guess. I find it gives me an outlet for creative juices and I love learning more. My relief does come in the form that it was a skirt I was able to finish before Oz and not leave until the last minute to get it done. Next up, Sydney's twirly skirt! And this one I will finish in a timely manner since I can't stand the whining :)
29 January, 2009
Twirly skirt, Act I
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
4:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute!
Cute! You are so crafty! When do you guys leave for Australia?
Love it! And I know what you mean about regretting finishing because it means the project is over...at least you have two skirts to work on!
Post a Comment