16 June, 2010

The local beach

North Berwick is considered a touristy town, a place people come for their holidays. You know those places where everything looks like a postcard? This is that town. Every part of it has something beautiful.

We took a walk down to the beach today and tried to find some treasures. Sydney always finds something, no matter if it's an old toy's tire, or a broken shell, she consideres it a "treasure". I wish I had better "I spying" eyes. I have the hardest time finding cool things. Regardless, the girls walked away with some beautiful things (even if it is in their own eyes!) and I walked away with some beautiful pictures! Love this place!




I guess he didn't care for his stylish seaweed hair...darn.

I have a bowl of beach glass and shells that I've collected from previous trips to Scotland and Ireland that sits on one of my shelves at home. The girls love to look through it and take their time inspecting each piece. I've hinted that maybe they should make their own collection so the hunting begins!


My little man copies everything Adam does...it truly melts me!
In the background can you see "Bass Rock"? It's quite famous, meaning even in the old postcards Adam collects the artists used it in thier artwork. I find it as a significant "North Berwick" landmark!



This massive anchor sits up above the beach. I guess I should have read the details?



Isn't this town gorgeous?




4 comments:

kazia said...

beautiful sea :)

Deborah said...

wow - what a gorgeous place!!

Janell said...

I think you found 3 of the cutest little treasures through your camera lens :) Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Im just catching up on your blog, and I am loving it. You guys are such a cute family! These really are amazing pictures.