09 June, 2010

Sent Ahndroos (part 1)

Got you to speak Scottish didn't I? Hehe :)

We headed up to St. Andrews today, about 1 1/2 hours away. Adam had a business meeting with the St. Andrews buyer (it went GREAT!) and after that we headed in to the St. Andrews castle. I love this place...what is left of it has so much character and story to it. It was blowing like crazy but the kids ran around like nuts anyway!



Did I mention it was windy?


We also went down part of the mining tunnel that Sydney thought was just the coolest...I was a bit nervous so I stayed behind with Kirra on the first run. I think she was really proud of herself for doing it even though mommy and Kirra didnt want to!
A pic standing in front of the "Bottleneck Dungeon"...Oooooh!

We stopped for a quick lunchbreak and then ventured off again through the little shops, high street, and the rest of the town. We are definately going back to see the other sites...SO much to see and do there! Here is a pic of Adam and Finn standing in front of the Royal and Ancient Clubhouse:




After we packed everyone into the car we came back down through some seaside villages, Anstruther and Elie:

I love the blue door on this church, definatley not uncommon around here!

We stopped for some beloved fish and chips, battled the kids at dinner, then continued on home (I took a mini nap, yes!) and battled the kids for bed, AGAIN. It was a super fun filled day although I think we are still a bit jet-lagged= super worn out!

4 comments:

emily and Nate said...

what a beautiful place.

Janell said...

I love the wind blown look! It's so fun to see your adventures. I think our churches need to catch on to the blue door trend. And how come my town isn't full of beautiful Mysterious Trees? Guess I'll just have to venture off to Scotland one of these days :)
love ya!!

Jana said...

Will you adopt me?

Michelle said...

amazing, amazing, amazing....and is it weird for me to tell you that I really like Adam's "style"? Your kids are gorgeous