28 June, 2010

Whitby Abbey

I'm posting out of order here since we took a trip down south to Yorkshire in England a few weeks ago. While on our way home we were advised to stop and see Whitby Abbey which is located right on the egde of a cliff and overlooks the gorgeous Whitby harbour on the Northeast coast of England. It was founded in 657 AD but fell to Viking attacks and was abandoned. What remains of it today is considered a landmark for sailors and also helped to inspire Bram Stoker's Dracula, cool!





A dead Adam:



We even made the girls some flower crowns:

tada...and a bracelet:

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Whitby is one of my most favorite towns! I stayed there for a few days at a B & B. I'm loving reading about all your adventures- it's bringing back so many memories for me!!

Janell said...

Ohhh I like it! Dead Adam was a bit creepy, though :) The top picture looks like it's covered in moss? Should I be embarrassed I asked that? :)

Kacy & Adam said...

Hahaha! Its actually just a bad photo zoomed in :) I can see why you would see that though!