Well we did it. We made it through the first day of school and I {we} survived! I just felt like summer abruptly ended and all of a sudden we were at the schoolbus! I guess I was in denial about the whole thing considering we were out shopping on school's eve for a new outfit for Kirra. We eventually scored a cute one she was happy with and ordered spaghetti and meatballs from Olive Garden {which came as a request from the girls}. After dinner I had made the girls some "Back to school" cupcakes which were loved and devoured! ps. They are apples!
And then a big greeting of pencil shaped pancakes for breakfast! I do love any reason to change it up a bit :) I was just really wanting them to feel special on such a big day!
One Pork chop and a Tweeters:
Blowing kisses goodbye...and then my tears started flowing! I just cant wrap my mind around another year. The years are going by too fast and watching my sweet girls head off to school just really makes me want to keep them closer, longer. I'm not ready for them to grow up just yet. Thinking this way is what leads to my tears every time. Plus, they are just too darn cute to not be with all day long!
Adam was flying out to Germany shortly after we put Sydney on the bus so I thought it would be fun to let the girls each open a Schultüte before school. It is a German tradition of a paper cone filled with small treats and toys given to the child on the first day of school. Yeah, I'm pretty sure we are going to make this one a tradition...they loved it!
Kirra on her 1st day of year 4 preschool with Mrs.Castleton:
I'm sure its going to be an amazing year full of growth, success, and happiness. I really hope these girls know how proud they make us!
4 comments:
You are such an awesome, fun mom! It is crazy how fast the time goes.
It's so cool the girls got to open a schultute for their first day of school. I started this tradition last year when the boys started kindergarten and then I got one today for them for their first day of first grade. I agree...the time does fly by really quickly the more grown up the kids get.
I wish we could hang out in Germany!
Totally know how you feel! It's kinda sad watching your little ones grow up- Time goes by way too fast- give those cute kiddies of yours hugs from us!
I love all the pics....This is my first year of a child being gone all day, and it's sooo weird! That reminds me that i haven't even blogged about it yet.
Post a Comment