31 August, 2010

Soccer Superstar

I think we found a new love in our life...

Kirra had her very first soccer game this last weekend and I must say she is AMAZING! I had no idea she had such gusto and ease with a soccer ball! She was stealing the ball from the red team with fancy footwork and kicking goals (4 to be exact!) like she has been doing this for years.





It actually brought tears to my eyes to watch her. I was so proud and happy for her and could feel her excitement with each kick to her goal. By the end of the game our soccer team moms and dads were cheering her on, the coach was high-fiving, the other team's parents were cheering and red's coach was telling her what a good job she had done. It was sooooo much fun to watch and witness!
I'm pretty sure there will be more pics to come. And I'm pretty sure I'm the proudest mom too.

As a side note, the very first goal by blue team was in fact Kirra. As another side note, she pushed it in with her hands! Whoops! I think she has since realized the major rule of the game :)


And then there is this....


A pretty typical moment for me! This kid loves sports too. There was a bigger kid kicking the soccer ball from toe to knee, to head, and back. Poor little Finn didn't realize he is too small and uncoordinated for such shenanagans. He practiced and practiced though! Each time he threw the ball up and tried to kick mid-air, he gently fell backwards but got back up again for just another tumble down. He looked so happy though....I honestly think he thought he had mastered the art!

5 comments:

Janell said...

Stop rubbing it in...

Janell said...

Just kidding :) She looks very cute out there...determined and smiling all at the same time. Go Kirra!! And that little Finn cracks me up. I love your kiddos :)

Jana said...

She needs to give Ella and Sydney some lessons.

Amy Mitchell said...

yeah Kirra! she is a natural athlete- I need to get you a "proud soccer mommmy" sticker!

Becky said...

Nice!! That is awesome. Could she really be lucky enough to be the best soccer player AND the cutest little girl in town? Lucky girl :)