After my time away I came home devoted to being a great mom. I was refreshed and felt alive in my heart again. I was ready to take on some of the daily challenges I seem to encounter. You know those moments when you step outside of your skin and look around thinking "I did not sign up for this. Nobody told me it would be this way!" yeah.....
this was one of those moments...and it was all stuffed UNDER the bed. Funny right? Let me just say it was in fact not funny at all. It was terribly dreadful (and slightly disgusting) and I questioned....what did I do wrong as a mother (as I often do)? By the way, this photo was taken after I had already cleaned for a bit. Can you guess which child? It is the one that collects everything from cupcake wrappers to cat hair. Anything you could ask for was under there, I'm not joking one bit here. A Seiko watch? check. An (rotten) apple? check. Single shoes? check. Leafs? check. Sequins, yarn, papers, markers, plates, eating utensils, make-up, dress-ups, jewelry, books, a snow globe, polly pockets, pet shops, etc....
Sydney.
Yes. She was forbidden to come into her room until I was finished with it. I figured that would be more of a punishment for this sweet collecting child than to make her help me. The pure agony she went through not knowing what was being thrown away or kept was magic. Hehehe!
07 September, 2011
Monsters under the BED....
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
8:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! What a task for you. Did you find any money? If so I would keep it as payment for cleaning that up:)
Oh man, so funny (sorry!) but oh so Sydney!! Sydney the treasure finder...not so much a treasure for you though huh!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm dying here! That girl cracks me up. She reminds me a little bit of her momma ;) Hee Hee!! And poor Kirra, stuck in the corner with no way out!!
I think we have the same lives in different states!! I banned my girls from thier room the other day and cleaned and found a half eaten peanut butter and jelly in thier undie drawer..I ask you how? Next time you go on a much needed vacation to refresh yourself from motherhood please call me and I will join you!!! I need it often. It is good to know I am not the only one who goes through this stuff. I tell myself all the time this is not what I signed up for. Then I just have to tell myself tomorrow will be a fresh start:)
Love all your posts! Last week when I was helping Syd get her soccer gear on for practice she had a ball of yarn tucked into her sock, and I was about ready to go and throw it away but she said, "WAIT! That is my good luck that I keep in my socks!" And I am sorry I added to all that collection too!
Post a Comment