Michael and Corinne flew over from Australia to see us (and to go to a business trade show)but we are focusing on them coming to see US! :)
We had a lot of fun (an understatement) and laughed a lot (an understatement) and ate a lot of really yummy food (an understatement)! After a few days in Utah we flew out to New York in hopes of a great business trip. When that proved to be a let down we decided to have fun and explore the city.
We thought the smell to this cab was lovely! I thought Corinne was going to pass out from the stench. Welcome to NYC you crazy Aussies!


The first day we arrived it was raining and yuck. No problem! We bought some umbrellas and ventured out for pizza. It was great of course and off we went to see Times Square. I love people watching in big cities and this didn't let us down at all! We ended up exploring the rest of the night and found ourselves at Carnegie Deli well after dinner time. No problem! We still ate ourselves silly!
Next morning was spent at the trade show, afternoon was spent exploring again.
We even made it to Chinatown for a fantastic dinner, a little shopping, and then off to Little Italy. I loved every bit of this! It's so fun to see the different styles and to see the roots of so many people established here. The cherries were super yum! 

We really wanted to go to Serendipity for a frozen hot chocolate so after dinner we decided to go. Since the wait was fairly long we walked and realized we were on the corner of Magnolia's Bakery. 
Yes please! Adam and I got 4 cupcakes between us and I gotta say, I'm not a big fan! Is that crazy? I guess I'm a cupcake snob but I didn't even finish mine. Eh. Next stop was Dylan's candy bar, can you see a theme here? Food is delicious! Back to Serendipity and still waiting so we passed the time by eating Hogwarts Jelly Beans. 
Thanks Micky! I reeeeally loved the vomit and moldy cheese jelly beans you gave me. I really wanted the toothpaste one to follow those up! Nasty!
We couldn't decide which treats to try
But settled on a frozen hot chocolate, we would hate to be disappointed! 
Yes, it was good. Yes, we felt sick.
Day 3 Corinne and I decided it best to let the boys finish up the business while we headed out on our own. We were so proud of ourselves for making decisions and actually doing them!
Pizza at La Famiglia:
Corinne even got us a taxi which took us to Sprinkles. I think we hit the mother load. Seriously, I felt butterflies in my tummy when I saw the sign. We couldn't decide (of course) so we got several to try! These cupcakes....
These cupcakes are divine!!! We devoured these sweet cupppies in no time flat. We even had cupcake baby bellies after!
We had tickets for Cirque De Soleil's Zurkana at Radio City that night.
We had dinner at Carmine's (delicious) and walked over to watch the show. It was fantastic! I even had sweaty palms during portions of it, those circus people are nuts! 
Very entertaining though. After this we wanted to go to Top of the Rock. Gorgeous views!

Back to Carmine's for tiramissu (where we actually ate ourselves sick, finally)
Last day was spent at the World Trade Center museum where plenty of tears were shed and my heart was broken. The stories are so sad and yet even inspiring. The only photo I captured was of these cranes that were sent from Japan. You know the story of Sadako's cranes? Her family even donated one of her tiny cranes as a gift to remember. It was very moving to see and literally hear the phone calls, 911 radio calls, and video of people witnessing the horror. 
We walked over Wall street without much excitement and ended our day on the subway with some am.az.ing soul brothers singing their hearts out.
We had such a great time and I loved every minute of it. Thanks for the memories Fitzys! Cant wait to do it again :)
25 September, 2011
New York!
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Josh and I totally didn't like Magnolia either. We didn't even finish what we bought...
fabulous fabulous fabulous.
Post a Comment