22 August, 2009

a few firsts...okay, a lot!


Finn's FIRST time to the aquarium. He loved it! I think it is all the movement of the fish, people, and jellyfish synchronized swimming performances :) He splashed in the sting ray pool, and sat and played at this wheel forever! The girls ask weekly to go to the aquarium, I love it because it is not a full day's trek and pack a lunch type of day. We are in and out and ready to go run errands...I try and make the most of it :)

Sydney's FIRST bike ride on her own. She is finally getting the hang of it, thank goodness! I think she may be the only 6 year old that doesn't ride a 2-wheeler! She gets a little timid and just sort of rolls to the side when it comes to turning. She smiles the whole time and is pretty proud of herself!



Kirra's FIRST day of real preschool. She has the same teacher Syd had when she was a 3 year preschooler. She even has the same cubby and color as Sydney! She took a barbie for show and tell and made sure to let me know the boy's "don't like barbies!" She was the special helper for the day and even made a new friend! Every few hours she asks "when is it time to go to the apple school?"



Sydney's FIRST day of FIRST grade. Where do I begin? Short and sweet....Yes, I was teary eyed as she hopped on the bus and yes, I felt weepy all day! She loved it though and I couldn't be happier with her teacher and her confidence this year. As we walked home from the bus stop she talked the entire way about school. She even got to play with her friends from kindergarten and the kids in the neighborhood who didn't get in her class. She is on the early track (7:20) which means a lot of organization on my part and early bedtimes...whoo-hoo! there are only about 8 kids in her class for the first hour of school until the other kids arrive so we are pretty happy about that one on one time she will have. I think it will be another great year of learning and growing!


I made the girls this cute cake to celebrate!


Sydney's FIRST soccer game of the season. They have 4 x 12 minute quarters so she was totally wasted by the time it was over! It is a girl's league so it is completely adorable...notice the bows? Their team color is watermelon and they are the called the "flowers", cute right?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

what a fun post! Those are all such fun firsts! I love how excited your girls were for school. I don't know what I'll do when Damon is going all day 5 days a week! Actually - Mike's been out of town for a week, so school all day 5 days a week doesn't sound so bad! But when it happens, I'm sure I'll lose it! your kids are so cute!

Deborah said...

What fun firsts!! They are all growing up so fast!

Janell said...

Oh my gosh I was laughing almost the whole time I was reading this. your kiddos are just so cute I can't help it. I absolutely love the soccer pictures. Seriously--watermelon is their color? See, I'm even laughing just thinking about that! And they are the flowers? Ha ha!! I'm so glad I know your kids :)

Janell said...

Oh, and your pencil cake is super cute :) Oh, and Sydney riding her bike with her helmet and that big smile? Hee hee! Oh, and I love that kirra took a barbie for show and tell...maybe because all her other toys are locked away :) I'm still laughing at the color watermelon. What's the other team's color--tangerine? Or maybe it's mandarin orange :) Okay, that's enough from me

Brittany said...

Maybe the other team is cantaloupe?

Your girls are getting big! Congratulations on all the fun new stuff. The cake was a good idea and looked great! I love celebrating.

Shelly & Danny said...

Your cupcakes look fabulous and I have to tell you that I take Jack to Learning Dynamics! How fun!