12 August, 2009

Hummer

While we were away last weekend I guess Adam was feeling lonely because we came home to this....


This poor little hummingbird was on the side of the cart path at the golf course all by himself. He is probably only 3 weeks old we are guessing. Adam had been feeding him through a medicine dropper when we decided it would be best to get him to a bird specialist. I hope he is doing okay and healing right. He still had some feathers that needed to grow in so I am sure his new mama is taking good care of him. The girls went wild when Adam showed them!

On a side note: Our friend Dug came over last week for dinner and as I am showing him and his wife this cute tiny little thing, Dug backs away slowly without saying a word. Yep. He is very much afraid of these guys...perhaps the only person I know that is afraid of hummingbirds! He thinks they are giant bees with bigger beaks! Do you know anybody else afraid of these cuties?

3 comments:

The Waite Family said...

Hey do you live near Eagle Ridge dr.? Just wondering the views from your house look just like my sister and brother-n-laws house.

Michelle said...

aaahhh...that's so cute!

dug said...

obviously you've never been dived bombed by one of those things--i felt like i was an extra in a remake of The Birds.