06 August, 2009

Sydney's 6th Birthday celebration!



Since we spent her actual bithdate in New York, I let her have the option of having a smaller party at home if she wanted. If you don't already know...I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!! I figure, if there is one day specifically dedicated to your whole self, for your existence on this earth, it better be a great one! I just let the kids decide what they would like to do the very most and we build the day around it. Sydney of course opted for the party so I let her choose her 4 closest friends and her favorite activity. We went with a "painting pajama party" which explains her personality so very, very well! We started out with a game of "twister" and then followed up with some pictionary.

They were so darn cute with their drawings and every picture was deciphered...phew! We headed up to "Color Me Mine" to do some actual painting with the crew. They each got to pick out their favorite item and then got very quiet with some serious painting! I love the concentration!


Here's Emma painting an angel for her mom. She explained her mother's angel just broke and she was upset so she wanted to give her a new one...Awwwe!


After painting up a storm we headed back to the house for a "pitiyata" (in Kirra's words) in the backyard. The girls were SO excited and had perma-grin the entire time. After many, many attempts to break the rainbow, Adam got right in there and busted that thing up! The girls of course went wild!

I had sewn all the girls some cute aprons to use while painting using this pattern. Since they are made with elastic and velcro, the girls can put them on and off all by themselves....ahhhh. Independency is a good thing when it comes to aprons and baking with messy hands which are unable to tie up and re-tie during the whole process! Needlass to say, we love the new additions to our kitchen drawers!

For her cake we decided to play artist ourselves and create a cake from one of Sydney's drawings. I dug into our heaping pile of artwork and found this gem...

I think it turned out super cute and the girls oohhed and awwwed! Inspired very much by Bakerella :)
And after the all the fun she got to open some awesome presents from her girlfriends. She was SO happy with everything and couldn't wait to get started playing with them. They are such a cute group of girls with such cute personalities. I think they all had a blast!

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Doesn't it seem like just yesterday she was having her fairy party?? I can't believe she is already 6...

Michelle said...

You really do throw some of the best birthday parties ever. I mean it. I love your birthday blogs!

Michelle said...

oh by the way - I LOVE the birthday cake!

jessamyn said...

Kacy~ You are such an amazing mama! Your little babes are so very lucky to have you.

It seems like she just had a birthday! Time really does fly, doesn't it?

I hope that you all are well. Miss ya friend.

Janell said...

Those are some super cute pictures of Sydney!! Love the aprons, love the cake, love Sydney :)

Brittany said...

I didn't know you sew! How fun. Those aprons DID turn out super cute. And I'm way impressed by this cake. I love how you made it all about her, using her drawing for the cake, etc. You made it a birthday party to remember.