10 December, 2010

Sicily: Castellammare Del Golfo

We made our way to a small town called Castellammare Del Golfo (translates to "Castle on the sea"). It is right on the water and the sea is absolutely gorgeous! We got in late enough in the evening to check in, tour the castle (mostly just images of what it used to be), and head out to dinner. Unfortunately our dinner was just so-so again! I think we Heinie's love our food to much and its hard to be disappointed :( Ron did enjoy is marinara risotto though (now that may be a first that he was the only one to enjoy his meal...it's usually the other way around!) Here is a pic of the castle staircase:

I just LOVE these little trucks!!!
The castle is right on the corner of the leg here:
I love the color of the water...



The local fishermen coming in with their catch. This area is known for their Tuna plus they are allowed to sell directly to the public:

Adam. Helen. Ron.

Such a cute place! I could totally see this being a hot spot for holidays, it has such a relaxed and free spirit to it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

that place doesn't even look real! soooo gorgeous!