13 December, 2010

Sicily: Lo Zingaro Nature Reserve


We had seen pictures of the nature reserve and I think that is what made us ultimately decide that this coast was a place we needed to see! It stretches along the coastline for about 7 kms and has 5 (I think!) small beaches that are nestled into the rock. They truly are like private beaches! I'm sure the summer months are much busier but it was just perfect for us "as is!"
We knew we didn't want to hike that long so we thought we would just go as far as we wanted, keeping in mind we would have to walk the same amount back. PS. Did you know I love this guy? I do!


It was quite the "pebbly" beach. Shhh....we took some stones to add to our collection!

Totally enjoying the private beach:


Adam pretending to be a horse...he is such a funny guy :)


We thought this was the view to the 3rd beach but decided we would scrap the hike and check out the view instead. How amazing would it be to live in one of those houses? Gorgeous water, gorgeous weather and all the while having to boat or hike your food and necessities in. I'll take it!
We stopped at this museum-ish house which is located just after the 2nd beach. Since everything was in Italian I'm sure we missed out on what it was all there for. Helen signed her name in the guestbook and gave the mule a good pat down.
Heading back:

And feeling totally full of gratitude for such an amazing, gorgeous earth!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Now I understand why you chose to visit Sicily rather than come say hi to me in Germany...it is simply gorgeous!!! Add this to my list of places to see:)

Allison and Mason: said...

Beautiful!

I have a question for you... I love the layout of your blog. I love that your pictures are large so that people can see them better. I can't figure out how to get mine to look like that... what did you do?