

After many European trips where we were going non-stop trying to see EVERYTHING so we didn't miss out, we opted for a stress-free, low-key holiday. Western Sicily it became and through the planning and on-line searching I realized it was no longer "low-key". There is too much to see! Ha! Regardless, it was stress-free and all the sites we saw were amazing and definitely worth while. One of the places I wanted to travel was the "Temple of Segesta." Perched on a hill overlooking {once again} a gorgeous valley sits the unfinished Doric Temple and even higher up is a classic amphitheatre. It was probably built in the late 5th Century and they have unearthed a necropolis as well as a mosque and castle on the original grounds.


This is a side view of the classic amphitheatre. The stage is not in view but it was actually quite large. 


My daring husband broke the rules and jumped the fence! I'm pretty sure it was okay and definitely worth this pic :) It is one of the most perfectly preserved Hellenistic temples in the world!




And just for fun Adam decided to do a happy jump...we kept telling him we couldn't get a good pic and to keep going. After about 20 jumps and my belly laughter hurting we called it good. I think this was probably one of the first {of 20} pics we took :) hehe!
19 December, 2010
Sicily: Segesta
Posted by
Kacy & Adam
at
9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love to read about your fun travels and to see all the beautiful pictures. You are such a good photographer. Keep them coming.
love all the pics...but the dancing pic is priceless! frame it
Wow- what amazing pictures you got on your trip- Beautiful views- looks like you all had a grat time! I need to go!:)
Great time!:) I can spell...
Post a Comment