16 July, 2010

The Fairy Glen


While visiting Northern Scotland I really wanted to explore "The Fairy Glen". Isnt that a MUST when you have two beautiful fairy-believing girls? Jan had the right idea when she looked at the forecast and realized rain was coming in the next day so off we went! We picked up some sandwiches at the local deli in Dornich, drove down, and went to the beach first for a picnic lunch. {I still can't get over the fact that people choose to swim in the water here! Adam had a jacket on and was still too cold to last long...Crazy!}


After filling up we ventured into the Fairy Glen with our eyes wide open in hopes of spying something small.

Adam's eyes must have been spying really well that day because he was the only one to see them!

Sydney and Kirra did find meeting houses, apartments, swimming pools, and hiding places that the fairies used though!

Deep inside the glen are 2 really beautiful waterfalls which are located at the very end of the walk. The entire area is beautiful and completely hidden away. SOOO glad we were able to make some more memories!








In the second waterfall was a log completely covered in money...so cool!

1 comment:

Janell said...

I've loved visiting Scotland with you :) I just can't get over how cute Finn is with that little dog! Sorry but you're gonna have to get him a dog one of these days!