04 July, 2010

The Royal Highland Show


Every year just outside of Edinburgh they host this "Royal Show". It is virtually a big county fair that hosts people from all around Scotland. They have the typical things, you know, things we would see anywhere like....
A dancing Haggis:


Hanging sausage displays:


Cheese competitions:


Fudge Displays:


Iron forging:

Owls, perigrins, and falcons:




Now look at this guy. Doesnt he just look SO happy?

And this one...not so much. I think he may be embarassed?

So you see? A very typical fair...HAHAHA!!! We had a lot of fun seeing such unusual things! They have gorgeous animals, a massive food hall with samples of EVERYTHING (It was so much fun!), a craft hall, exhibits, concerts, equestrian riding competitions, and tons of booths advertising anything you could imagine in the agricultural world. The farming is a big way of life over here, many farms are passed from generation to generation so shows like these a quite a big deal. We loved it and were completely tuckered out by the end!



Arent these Highland cows just amazing? You can call them "Heeland Coos":

3 comments:

Amy Mitchell said...

How Fun! It looks like you all are having a blast there, and some good memories- miss you guys- see ya soon- love the big, puffy, white ...sheep?!

Janell said...

I laughed so many times through this! Along with the picture of Teddie the dog, I think you should be a professional "animal expressions" photographer :)

Michelle said...

damon and I have been spending a ton of time looking at all these posts....and he is not patient enough to let me leave comments...but I LOVE all of them.