09 July, 2010

York, England

Adam suggested we take a few days and head down to York to show the kids this very mediaeval town. I could have sworn I've been there before. So sure, in fact that we were betting on the drive down. I was VERY confident he had taken me a few years ago with his Mum and Dad. Let me tell you...there is not much worse than realizing I was wrong in the middle of this argument. Is it terrible that even while we went into the entrance of the York Minster....no,no honey. I've been here, trust me! Ha! {I've never been here before}
And I am safe to now say "I've been to York" with a big confident smile :)
Now let's revisit!
Oh the strange curiosities:
See the York Minster in the back? AMAZING!

One ofthe many {MANY} stops into a bakery...Mmmmmm!

We bought some tickets for a sightseeing double-decker bus to take us through the city. Actually, it was really just resting for the weary since we had already walked it all!


Lighting the candle in the Minster:


Since I had convinced Adam I had already been here to the Minster, we skipped the exorbant entrance fee and just meandered in the front. Oops! Anybody know what I missed?
As we were in the Minster, a funeral succession began to come through. Pretty cool to witness. I stole a photo of the incense man. Hey, No judging here!


Adam menacing with one of his own:

We heard this charming music and from around the corner we found this:

Grown men dancing and playing their hearts out! I LOVED it and begged Adam to do this for me when he gets old :)



A trip to England with girls NEEDS a picture of Peter Rabbit:


The well known "Shambles" {or Harry Potter's Diagon Alley}:

I let Finn climb around the car for a moment while I gathered up some items. He came back looking like this:

{Darn chlorophyl pill! }

1 comment:

Allison and Mason: said...

Oh my gosh, what did Finn eat? I hope that's not oil!!!!